What is Beachbody on Demand?
If you are a fan of Beachbody programs like I am, you have probably heard about Beachbody on Demand (BOD). Similar to Netflix, BOD lets you stream workout videos on any compatible device. I have used it on my phone, laptop, desktop and iPad, and it works seamlessly.
If you have ever lost or scratched a disc, you have probably thought, why can’t I just do these online? I know I have! Well, now you can. It keeps track of your workouts, is very well organized, has additional premium content (more about that later), and you get access to lots of programs instead of just the ones you have purchased.
I think my favorite feature, besides having in an online library, is that it even has a workout of the day called Challenge Du Jour. If you have done as many programs as I have, you know it can get boring, even if you love the workout. I love that you can do a different workout from a different program every day without having to switch out disks or try to make a plan that changes things up.
I love the tracking. It tells you how many workouts you have completed in the last 7 days, and how many total. It keeps track of where you left off so you don’t lose your place.
Plus, it is so convenient if you travel, since you probably have a phone or other device with you anyway. I have left workouts behind when I have tried to travel with them, and this makes one less thing to pack.
If you would like to see the video, please click here.
- 3 Week Yoga Retreat
- P90X, P90X2, P90X3, P90X One on One
- Focus T25
- 21 Day Fix
- 21 Day Fix Extreme
- The Master’s Hammer & Chisel
- 10 Minute Trainer
- Brazil Butt Lift (all 3)
- Insanity (all 3)
- Tai Cheng
- Turbo Fire, Turbo Jam
- Chalene Extreme
- Rev Abs
- Special programs like pregnancy workouts and trainer exclusives
- And many other classic programs as well
Wondering about the programs you have already purchased?
They show up first, so you don’t have to worry about using discs for the workouts you have purchased if they aren’t included (yet…they are always adding new ones).
- You don’t have to wait to get started! Get tons of programs, features and all of the calendars, meal plans, etc that go with it instantly for just $2.99 a week. (There are also upgrade options that make a year only $99. That is less than the cost of most of these programs.
- Access the workouts from any device, making it easier than ever to get a good workout in. No excuses! You can even do them at the gym.
- Try new programs without having to shell out a bigger investment. I connect with some trainers better than others, as I am sure you do. This allows me to try out a program without having to commit to the full price. There are plenty of other options if I prefer.
- Challenge du jour keeps things interesting. You never know what you will get that day. It also has the 6 workouts before if you skipped one, or just want something different that day.
- Change up your workout routine. You can do strength training one day, cardio the next, and yoga after that instead of completing one full length program.
- Get access to exclusive content. There are workouts from the trainers that you cannot buy. There is even an active maternity class that walks you through each trimester and how to exercise properly with Autumn Calabrese.
- All your calendars, guides and meal plans are in one place. I have used the calendars to the point where they fall apart, so it is nice to have them digitally and right where I know to find them.
- Have a favorite trainer? You can sort videos by each trainer and it is very well organized and a visually attractive setup.
- They are always adding new programs or videos. And it includes the Team Beachbody club membership, which was also $2.99 a week, so you are getting all of these for the same price. (Club membership includes
Want to go ahead and check it out?
You can access Beachbody on Demand here. They have a 30 day free trial period, and after that it is billed quarterly at $2.99 per week. They also have a 6 month and 12 month upgrade option that saves money, so you can get it for as little as $8.99 per month.
- Just like with Netflix, you are essentially renting these programs as opposed to owning them. I like to own things rather than pay a monthly fee, but since I also like to change up my routine and avoid a gym membership, it is worth it to me. That is something that you have to weigh for yourself.
- You may not always have internet access. 😮
- You might prefer the printed out guides instead of having to download them and print them yourself, or just use them on your computer.
- Your phone or laptop is not as convenient as a television. I do have a large desktop and a tv that has the Beachbody app so I can do any of my workouts on the tv or desktop, so it isn’t a problem. But, especially if you aren’t familiar with the workout already, it could be difficult to just use a phone.
I think this is great progress for our fitness goals. It makes working out more convenient, which is always a good thing. The easier you make it on yourself to do the right thing, the more likely you are to do it. But remember, no matter how you choose to exercise, you are helping yourself and making a difference in your body!
Have more questions? Check out Beachbody’s FAQ page for Beachbody on Demand.
Have you tried Beachbody on Demand yet? Please share!
Resources mentioned in this post:
This is for educational purposes only, and not intended as medical advice. As always, please consult a doctor before making any lifestyle or health changes. Affiliate Disclosure: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, at no additional cost to you, I receive an affiliate commission. I only recommend products or services I believe will be helpful to you. In addition, 50% of the profit from this site, including affiliate commissions, goes to helping those in need. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
There was an issue loading your timed LeadBox™. Please check plugin settings.
There was an issue loading your exit LeadBox™. Please check plugin settings.